By Chris Lind, Technical AdvisorAugust 20, 2020
On August 12, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration published a notice in the Federal Register titled Hazardous Materials: Notice of Actions on Special Permits.
This notice provides information on which special permits PHMSA has recently granted, denied, or were withdrawn. The Journal has indexed those notices and provides these indexes to readers in an easy-to-read format that provides direct links to the approved permits.
Christopher Lind, Technical Advisor provides a review of granted Special Permits covering a range of areas including:
- Relief from Packaging Requirements
- Category B Biological Substances
- Shipping Paper Waiver
- Metal Deposition Pumps
- Use of Portable Tank for Unauthorized Application
- Removal of Hazardous Materials in Wild Fire Emergency
- Transportation of Explosives by Cargo Aircraft
- Lithium Batteries Over 35 kg For Transport On Cargo Aircraft
Read his review of new permits. You can also view the index of actions for August 2020. Subscriber login is required for both. Comments must be received on or before September 11, 2020, and can be submitted through the Federal eRulemaking Portal.