HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information and oftentimes complete reports on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway including the U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
Recent HazMat Alerts
- 2020-41 June 25, 2020 PHMSA Issues COVID-19-related Notices of Extension; Final Rule HM-264 for LNG Transport by Rail Tank Car
- 2020-40 June 19, 2020 PHMSA Letters of Interpretation and The Journal's Exclusive Comments: March/April and May/June
- 2020-39 June 12, 2020 Coronavirus Resources at the Department of Transportation
- 2020-38 June 11, 2020 Pre-Meeting Report on Proposals to be Discussed at the 39th Session of the UN GHS
- 2020-37 June 11, 2020 PHMSA Special Permits Review: June 2020
- 2020-36 June 10, 2020 NTSB Recommends Revised Standards for Li-Ion Battery Shipments by Air
- 2020-35 June 9, 2020 PHMSA Requests Feedback on Safety Devices
- 2020-34 June 3, 2020 FMCSA Publishes Revisions to the National Hazardous Materials Route Registry
- 2020-33 June 2, 2020 UN Sub-Committee Premeetings: OSHA to hold Virtual Meeting, PHMSA Public Meetings
- 2020-32 June 1, 2020 FMCSA Publishes Final Rule: Hours of Service of Drivers