HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information and oftentimes complete reports on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway including the U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
Recent HazMat Alerts
- 2020-53 September 23, 2020 PHMSA Special Permits Review: September 2020, Comments Provided by Chris Lind, Technical Advisor
- 2020-52 September 16, 2020 IATA Issues Significant Changes to 62nd DGR; Transport Canada Issues 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook
- 2020-51 September 4, 2020 FMCSA Publishes Notice of Proposed HOS Pilot Program; Requests Comment
- 2020-50 August 20, 2020 PHMSA Special Permits Review: August 2020, Comments on Select Special Permits Provided by Chris Lind, Technical Advisor
- 2020-49 August 11, 2020 FY 2021 – Funding for PHMSA’s HazMat Transportation Programs Advances
- 2020-48 August 6, 2020 PHMSA Letters of Interpretation and The Journal's Exclusive Comments: July/August
- 2020-47 August 3, 2020 PHMSA Invites Comments on OMB Control Number Pertaining to HM264 Authorizing the Transportation of LNG by Rail
- July 31, 2020 July/August 2020 Issue of The Journal of HazMat Transportation Available in Reference Gateway and as Digital Edition
- 2020-46 July 29, 2020 PHMSA Updates Lithium Battery Air Safety Advisory Committee; Notice of Public Meeting
- 2020-45 July 24, 2020 PHMSA Publishes HM-264 Final Rule for LNG Transport by Rail Tank Car