HazMat Alerts are reports promptly created by our technical advisors which provide our readers with initial information and oftentimes complete reports on U.S. and international regulatory decisions with links to source documents, as well as information on compliance dates.
By logging in, you will have access to current and previous alerts in addition the other resources available on the HazMat Reference Gateway including the U.S. DOT Letters of Interpretation of the HMR back to 1993, with hyperlinks to our comments on significant interpretations.
Recent HazMat Alerts
- 2020-48 August 6, 2020 PHMSA Letters of Interpretation and The Journal's Exclusive Comments: July/August
- 2020-47 August 3, 2020 PHMSA Invites Comments on OMB Control Number Pertaining to HM264 Authorizing the Transportation of LNG by Rail
- July 31, 2020 July/August 2020 Issue of The Journal of HazMat Transportation Available in Reference Gateway and as Digital Edition
- 2020-46 July 29, 2020 PHMSA Updates Lithium Battery Air Safety Advisory Committee; Notice of Public Meeting
- 2020-45 July 24, 2020 PHMSA Publishes HM-264 Final Rule for LNG Transport by Rail Tank Car
- 2020-44 July 17, 2020 PHMSA Special Permits Review: July 2020, Comments on Select Special Permits Provided by Chris Lind, Technical Advisor; FHWA Issues Guidance on Special Permit Expiration
- 2020-43 July 14, 2020 PHMSA Extends Enforcement Discretion for the Transport of Certain Sanitizing and Disinfecting Products
- 2020-42 July 9, 2020 DHS Announces Full CFATS Implementation; PHMSA Extends Enforcement Discretion for Cylinders
- 2020-41 June 25, 2020 PHMSA Issues COVID-19-related Notices of Extension; Final Rule HM-264 for LNG Transport by Rail Tank Car
- 2020-40 June 19, 2020 PHMSA Letters of Interpretation and The Journal's Exclusive Comments: March/April and May/June